Professional Development Introduction
Simulation Australasia exists to promote the use of simulation for the benefit of providers, practitioners and users in order to increase the use of simulation in achieving organisational goals, for the advancement of Australia’s economy and society. Simulation Australasia members are providers and users of simulation products and strong, formal ties exist with major employers of simulation such as the Australian Department of Defence. Simulation Australasia aims to support all industry sectors involved with simulation; this includes defence, emergency management, health, manufacturing, mining, research, transport and many more.
Enhancement of the skills and formal qualifications of those employed in simulation-related work, including both providers and customers of simulation systems and services, is an important activity undertaken by Simulation Australasia.
The Simulation Australasia Course Directory aims to assist simulation professionals in developing their skills and knowledge. Professional Development is an ongoing process and strategy involving three components; introductory, practitioner and currency.
Professional Development Committee Strategic Intent
This document defines the strategic context and intent of the Simulation Australasia (SimAust) Professional Development (PD) committee within SimAust’s operational and strategic context in terms of:
- The operational context of the PD committee in terms of key interfaces;
- A Vision for the PD committee aligned with and in support of SimAust’s local and regional vision;
- A Mission Statement outlining the Purpose of the PD committee aligned with SimAust’s strategic intent and in support of the SimAust PD committee Vision;
- Key Goals for the PD committee towards achievement of our Mission;
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s); and
- Organisational roles and responsibilities.
This document will be subject to ongoing review and update resulting from feedback from within the PD committee, the SimAust Board, or from associated SimAust Speacialist Communities and their Committees.
Suggestion or Comments
If you wish to make a suggestion or comment, please contact:
Simulation Australasia Marketing Manager
Telephone: +61 8 8223 4888