Simulation Australia created for their health division, the Australian Society for Simulation in Healthcare (ASSH) brand in 2007. For more information on the history of ASSH, please click here.
ASSH’s mission is to promote simulation education, training and research to enhance the safety and quality in healthcare. ASSH represents a cross-section of the Australasian healthcare community who share simulation as a common interest, including healthcare professionals, academics, industry groups and policy makers. ASSH operates under the auspices of Simulation Australasia Ltd and is officially affiliated with the international Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH).
- To develop standards of practice regarding the key applications of simulation including education, research and patient care.
- To foster a network of professionals working within the simulation field.
- To advocate for continued development and availability of simulation-based modalities for key applications including education, research and patient care.
- To form affiliations with societies and groups having common goals in relation to simulation and safety and quality in healthcare.
- To promote the professional development of individuals working in the simulation field.
- To advise on legislation related to the use of simulation in healthcare.
To be recognised as the official representative of these groups within Australasia.
- Conducting conferences, seminars and workshops.Sponsoring student scholarships.
- Contributing to the development of Australian and international standards of simulation.
- Liaising with international simulation organisations.
- Advising federal and state government regarding the use of simulation in Australian healthcare.
- Encouraging research.
- Information dissemination via newsletters and the website.