Simulation Australasia has had a long running interest in promoting careers within the Simulation industry. The goal of our Simulation Career Promotion Project is to encourage graduates in relevant engineering and scientific disciplines to consider a career in the Simulation industry.
It has been proposed that developing and inserting Simulation focused resources and materials into the curriculum of applicable University courses, possibly coupled with a program to provide students with industry work experience, might be an effective means of attracting graduates to the industry. Other potential outcomes for the project are the development of technical standards, case studies and templates as well as the possible introduction of mentoring schemes, visits, internships, sponsorships or cadetships.
The initial focus of the Simulation Career Promotion Project will be to develop a comprehensive strategy to facilitate achievement of the project goal as expressed above. The project is viewed as a long-term ongoing program. Our new section of the website will contain:
- Find a Job
- For Academics
- For Teachers
- For Secondary School Students
- For Primary School Students
As the Manager Simulation Services you will contribute to the strategic leadership direction and function of simulation services and manage a geographically dispersed team across the campuses. More specifically you will:
- Manage staff including recruitment, professional development and performance management
- Coordinate workload and workflow by effectively managing and maintaining a working knowledge of programs for undergraduate and postgraduate learning, teaching and research activities
- Manage and maintain relationships with external suppliers to resource the function, ensuring the efficient and effective use of equipment, consumables and waste management within budget and in response to learning and teaching needs
- Maintain and review standard operating procedures and provide recommendations to enhance the quality, efficiency and level of service provided by simulation services.
For further information on this job opportunity please click here.
For more information, please contact:
Simulation Australasia Marketing Manager
Telephone: +61 8 8223 4888